No event for the moment
- European Researchers Night
On Friday September 24th, 100% digital. National theme of the year: Travel
The goals of the European Researchers Night are
- Attract a public that is not familiar with science by means of our offer of an exciting event
- Ensure that the public spends a long time at the event (more than two and a half hours) to truly interact with the researchers
- Sharing "science in the making" : what are the questions, the procedures, the alliances, the successes and the difficulties ?
- Involve members of the public and awaken the desire to develop and maintain a connection with research before and after the event
More details about this event on their website
- Heritage Open Night:
During the 2021 "National Heritage Days", the IAST/TSE building has been in the spotlight as part of the "Lights on the Canal" evening, on September 18, 2021, opened to the general public.
IAST/TSE building program:
- 8pm: "The canal seen from above": weightless on the brick walls of the contemporary building inspired by Toulouse's heritage, the vertical dancers of the company 9.81 have dominated the landscape.
- 9pm to midnight: "Geniuses vs. geniuses": lights and projected shadows have played on the façade of the prestigious building.
- 7.45pm, 8.45pm and 9.45pm: "Heritage Flash": observe and decipher - from the outside - the remarkable building designed by Yvonne Farrell and Shelley McNamara (Grafton Architects) and awarded two prizes: the 2020 Pritzker prize and the 2020 Equerre d'argent prize.
Another university building, the Manufacture des Tabacs ancient tobacco factory
- 7:30 pm, 9:15 pm: "Au temps des cigarières": Choreographic creation by a group of young dancers. Inspired by the main industrial site of Toulouse at the end of the 19th century where many Toulouse women worked.
- 7pm to 7.30pm and 8pm to 9.15pm: "The children of the canal: water, trees, nature...": With a few playful suggestions (seed-bombs, colouring, leaf trees), children are introduced to the perception of the Canal du Midi.
- 8pm to 10.30pm: "Draw me the canal...": Magali draws the canal as you see it. A frieze made of her creations from the evening will illustrate your comments.
- 7.15pm, 9pm, 10.15pm, "Heritage Flash": the historic buildings, their architecture, the organisation of spaces: the factory was designed to produce tobacco in an efficent manner. The building is also well-preserved and rather beautiful.
- 7pm to 11pm: "Exhibition on the history of the Manufacture des Tabacs".
This event is organised by the municipality of Toulouse.