- Is it necessary to speak French fluently?
No, ability to speak French isn't necessary; all the IAST-TSE community speaks English.
- Do I have to be a French or EU citizen to apply for the different positions?
There are no nationality restrictions.
- Am I eligible for the postdoctoral position given my completion date?
Eligible candidates are active researchers who have or will have completed their PhD after January 2016 and before September 2019.
- If my PhD completion date is in 2015 or earlier, what reasons can I give for applying for a Postdoctoral Fellowship?
In general we prefer to appoint candidates who have not previously held a postdoctoral appointment. However, we are willing to consider cases where an IAST Postdoctoral Fellowship would be a good complement to the work undertaken in a previous postdoctoral appointment. Please be explicit about this in your cover letter.
- What should I include in my CV? Could you provide me with a template?
In your CV, you should include your academic background, your former positions, your publications and any other information you think relevant. We don’t provide a template.
- What should I include in my cover letter? Could you provide me with a template?
In your cover letter (2 pages), you should include relevant information which shows best your motivation and strengths. We don’t provide a template.
- Can my referees send their letters of recommendation directly by email?
No, the referees should upload their letter of recommendation (only pdf) following the link which has been sent directly to them by email. There is no page limit.
- May I write all my application material in French ?
No, the reference language is English.
- To whom should I address my cover letter ?
The cover letter can be addressed to the Director, Paul Seabright
- Can I send my application directly by email ?
No, we can’t accept applications sent by email. Please use only the application form from the link on our website. Applications sent by email will not be taken into account.
- I have technical problems with uploading documents
Only PDF files can be uploaded.
- Is my research topic relevant to what is expected at IAST?
We encourage researchers who are working on interdisciplinary topics to apply. Our recruitment committee will then decide the relevance of your research to the IAST fields. Please don't send an email asking if you research topics are relevant.
- I have a PhD in .... or my current research focuses on .... do you think I can submit my application ?
We cannot answer that kind of questions in advance. Please apply to the position online, our selection committee will be then able to select the best profiles.
- How much is the salary? Do you offer moving allowances or any additional benefit?
These are questions that are discussed in detail with successful applicants before the details of their offer are finalized. However, we try our best to be as flexible and helpful as we can towards scholars to whom we are able to offer a position.
- Is there a teaching requirement for the research fellowship or the tenured-track?
This is a question that is discussed in detail with successful applicants before the details of their offer are finalized. However, we try our best to be as flexible and helpful as we can towards scholars to whom we are able to offer a position.
- Could you send me more information about the positions opened?
You can find a lot of information on our website. If you need specific information (which is not mentioned in the FAQ), please send a message to email@example.com
- Could you send me more information about your Institution?
You can find a lot of information on our website. If you need specific information (which is not mentioned in the FAQ), please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How many positions are available concerning the Research fellowship positions?
There is no fixed number of appointments; it will depend on how many suitable candidates we have.