Applications for the 2020-21 academic year close on 15th November 2019
We aim to be the home of academic experimentation and freedom, where top-flight researchers are able to explore new territory in a cross-disciplinary direction and interact with visitors in an exciting environment.
The Institute welcomes applications for Visiting Fellowships from researchers within a large range of disciplines. All research interests relevant to the broad study of human behavior are welcome, but interests that complement and / or enhance those already developed at IAST will be given special consideration. These include, to cite only a few:
- In history: quantitative economic history (cliometrics), empirical political economy in history, qualitative economic or social history.
- In evolutionary biology: theoretical models of evolution (applied to family structure, strategic interactions, plasticity, cognition, learning, cultural evolution); related empirical work.
- In anthropology: human biology, life history theory, human development and plasticity, health and infectious disease, aging, demography, host-parasite co-evolution, diet and nutrition, global health, evolutionary medicine and genetics.
- In political science: public opinion and public policies, political economy, political institutions, development, experimental political science, studies of networks and their impact on individual and collective action.
- In law: law and economics, corporate governance, criminology.
- In psychology: cognition, the emotions, social trust, gender, group decision-making.
- In sociology: network formation, the impact of networks on social outcomes, sociology of religion.
Applications from economists are also encouraged, but successful applicants will have demonstrated an interest in, and a commitment to, at least one of the other non-economics disciplines of IAST.
IAST invites scholars already employed in a permanent position by another research-active institution for visits ranging from 1 month to 1 year, during the next academic year 2020-21.
The group is interdisciplinary and international, and scholars are expected to pursue their own research. A completed doctorate or equivalent is required of all applicants.
Fellows receive reimbursement of travel and housing expenses and are provided with an office. We welcome our visitors throughout the year except for July and August (when the majority of our Research Fellows are travelling) and University holidays.
To apply for a visit of 1 month or more, for the 2020-2021 academic year, please send your application by email to email@example.com
Each application should include:
- Project proposal (maximum 2 sides of A4, indicating whether you consider interactions with resident IAST researchers)
- Period and length of visit (please be as precise as possible, for our office organization).
Please note that our responses will be made conditionally on the period requested in your application. Consequently, you won't be able to change the period once your application has been approved.
Deadline for applications: 15 November 2019
Applications for shorter periods are welcome at any time but will be subject to space availability.